Lincoln Tunnel NIGHTMARE UPDATE! Pt. 2

After my horrible track experience this past Sunday 8-30-09 I broke my clutch master cylinder and had to be towed out of the Lincoln Tunnel it was a fucking NIGHTMARE! This is the piece that snapped in half, after a few days of phone calls to various shops I came to the conclusion that there were three options... Replace the piece with the same stock plastic crap for the cheapest amount or option two replace it with the same plastic crap adding on the ams reinforcement ring for about a total of $350 which was what I was leaning towards but AMS noted that breakage may still occur. Option three, came from an amazing shop called DG Motors in which they came up with a design to replace the plastic evo X master cyl. with a near bulletproof metal evo IX master cyl. at the cost of $500. After more research, I opted for #3 and will have it completed by wednesday. Pete & Pete from DG Motors informed me that the evo x clutch master cly. is the weakest point of the x's drive train when aftermarket clutches start coming into play, and the "IX transplant" makes it so that you won't have to worry about it breaking ever again. They said their own shop car went through two stock master cylinders before they outsourced this idea from "sloanz" and started implementing it. I can't lie, this latest issue may have been the straw that broke the camels back... I've never thought so much about trading my car in before, when finances get a little better this blog may become more devoted to an e90... Shout to the fellas at DG once again for keeping me on the road with as little downtime as possible, Erick, Pete & Big Pete. More info & pictures can be found about this subject on this thread on Evolutionm.net



Comments