One of the worst days of my life!





My first accident occurred last Saturday. First and foremost I thank god that no one involved was hurt! It occurred on the cross island parkway, as I was moving from the center lane to the fast lane the person in front of me abruptly hit the brakes because someone cut him off. Going only 55 mph the collision was minor and I was immediately able to gain control of the car. None of the air bags deployed, and I was able to veer off to the slow lane with my hazards on. There, we waited exchanging insurance information until the police officers and tow trucks came. I called my parents who also accompanied me to the body shop, their worrisome emotions make for some interesting dialog in the video below.
My emotions were all jumbled up, as my girlfriend screamed upon contact with the other vehicle, the last thing I would want to happen is for my being responsible for her injury. All in all, the damage isn't all that bad I'll require a new front bumper and fender and front right rim. On the positive side of things if you've ever owned a Mitsubishi you know how cheap the paint is, I'll have all those little chip marks blended out and made mint once the body shop finishes it's magic. Thanks to the officers that came to the scene that were really good guys that helped calm everyone down also, the tow truck drivers and Merrick Road Collision they do excellent work and came highly recommended. After dropping off my car, the owner took me in the back to see the Audi RS4, Porsche's and Mercedes he was currently working on to assure me that my car is in good hands. So, as of now I'm driving the beater and very happy that I came out of the situation unscathed because their are no body shops for people. So follow my blog and I'll update when my X is back on the road & you know I'll keep you posted on my next set of mods. Hint, Carbon fiber body kit ;)






Comments